Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Marginalia from "A Journal of Domestic Electro" by Pastor Whitenails


Morrissey’s New Album

Marginalia from "A Journal of Domestic Electro" by Pastor Whitenails:
"Mouse, hamster or cow; yak or aye-aye?"

Solicitous of waiting lists, we were pairing up animals' tails,
Bodies and heads, my daughter and I.

Morrissey's new album, "Waiting Times are Genocide", is on heavy rotation;
Prayers are obsessive-compulsive mantras, lost to semantic satiation,
And the want of results exposes such rents within the family and in the self,
Until this thought takes over: should I doorstep the radiologist, offer pelf
Or admonishment to expedite...

Track 3: NME All Over Again

As I was walking through Cheriton,
someone shouted “racist” out of his car window.
It took me ‘till I got home before I realised they had shouted “braces”
(I was wearing them to keep up my jeans).